The regulator is a type of timepiece with a small and highly restricted number of variations. A regulator is designed to indicate the different types of information supplied by a watch – mainly hours, minutes and seconds – on three discrete displays.
Because of their need for accuracy, the regulator was adopted by two industries that are among the most rigorous in terms of precision: railways and aviation. The “mother” collection of the Manufacture Automatic Regulator by Alpina does nothing to hide its allegiance with the second category, as evidenced by the name “Startimer Pilot”. The timepiece calls upon the codes of old-time aviation, in addition to its illustrious chronometry heritage, which virtually the entire watchmaking industry currently claims as its own.
- Diameter: 44mm
- White luminous hand with Alpina red triangle signature on the second’s hand
- Date counter at 6 o’clock
- Decentralised hour counter at 10 o’clock
- Black dial, large white luminous numerals
- Power reserve: 42 hours
- Jewels: 26
- Automatic movement ; Caliber Number AL-950
- Hours, minutes, date
- Stainless steel
- Leather bracelet
- Water-resistance: 100 metres